Welcome to Pokemon Go Sunnybank and Surrounds. This is a place to chat and meet with fellow trainers in the Sunnybank area for raids, events and trading. Please treat others with respect and enjoy the game.
- We are all trainers who enjoy playing the game
- We are all here to be social and help each other
- We respect each other and our community
- We do not tolerate bullying or abusive behaviour
Pokemon trainers vary and as such, here are some basic guidelines to help you and others have a enjoyable raid experience.
- If organising a raid, post a battle time (allow around 15-20 minutes from post).
- If attending, comment that you're attending and with how many accounts if in a group.
- If running late, let others know your expected arrival time.
- Be flexible with your start time. A few minutes either way doesn't hurt and will generally help you get more trainers for the raid.
- Don't expect others to wait. Go to the next raid instead.
- Be respectful at the locations. Park your vehicle legally and ensure you are not causing traffic issues or disrupting the general public. A lot of people have no idea what we are doing or even know this game exists.
- No trespassing: Some gyms are on private property. Do not post or organise raids at gyms that are not accessible to the public.
In Discord, please set the nickname used for the "Pogo - Sunnybank and Surrounds" server to your (main) in-game trainer name. You can optionally put your real first name in brackets after your trainer name. This will make identification of other players easier (for trades, friendship levels, friendly gym battles, etc).
ANDROID: Click the server main section to view all channels (top left button), select the menu button (3 dots up top) and then select "Change Nickname".
iOS: Click the menu button (top left button) and tap the server name. Select "Change Nickname".
A map of the general area we cover can be found here. Raids taking place just outside of our area may be posted but may not attract much interest. To view other groups and the areas they cover in SEQ, click here.
Trainers who sometimes use spoofing tools are permitted to join Pokemon Go Sunnybank and Surrounds provided you agree to the following:
- You must attend at least 50% of raids you join in person.
- You must clearly identify when you plan to spoof to join a raid - and be prepared for your request to join to be declined.
- You agree to respect genuine players in the area by not spoofing to attack gyms.
- You are not to offer Pokemon for trade or post achievements (e.g. rare pokemon) that were obtained by spoofing.
- Due to the unfair advantage achieved by spoofing, you are not to submit your details to the Leader Board or take part in any challenges/competitions.